I had so much fun last May painting three commissions that I thought I would open that opportunity up again! I offered to paint commissions for people of a favorite place, person or thing from photographs they had. Three people took me up on that offer.
Jason’s May 2022 Commissions
My friend Meaghan May, the wife of my pastoral colleague Paul, commissioned me to paint the family farm in Kansas where Paul had many wonderful childhood memories. They were moving to Florida and this was a way to take those memories off that sacred place with them.
High School classmate and friend Athena Willard commissioned me to paint the flowers at a field on their family home near Stanwood. It was fun to connect in this way, and to talk about her mom, who pranked me really good in high school. We didn’t know then that she was in the last year of her life.
Finally, one of my oldest friends, Harry, commissioned me to paint a watercolor of Harry and I with a catch of flounder from the beach below my house. My brother Jed and our dog Nick were looking on. It turned out pretty good, and brought back sweet memories of youth.
May 2023 Commissions
It gives me a lot of joy to paint commissions for people of meaningful places, or people or things! If you have a special person, place or thing that you would like a commission of, here is what you need to do:
- First, make sure you have at least 2-3 good photographs as references.
- Second, decide what size you want the (unframed) painting to be:
- 9″ x 12″ or 12″ x 9″ is $200
- 11″ x 15″ or 15″ x 11″ is $350
- 15″ x 22″ or 22″ x 15″ is $500
- 22″ x 30″ or 30″ x 22″ is $800
- Remember, adding a mat and frame to this will add 6″+ inched to both the height and width
- Third, reach out to me and let me know what you would like (email@example.com; 317.209.6768)
I look forward to working with you on creating a special hand-crafted painting!