Sunnyshore Studio is thrilled to announce the date for the grand finale of our five year Vintage Watercolorists of Washington project. It will take place Saturday, March 11. We are calling it the FINALE AT THE FLOYD after the historic building in Stanwood that will host the show.
Here’s some background to the Vintage Watercolorists of Washington project.
VINTAGE WATERCOLORISTS OF WASHINGTON PROJECT
Washington State has been home to a host of distinguished watercolor artists such as Perry Acker, Jess Cauthorn, Victoria Savage, Elizabeth Warhinik, Mike Burns and Arne Jensen. And Washington has master “vintage” watercolorists painting today. To highlight this legacy, Sunnyshore Studio hosted four Vintage Watercolorists of Washington shows (in March of 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2022). Each show honored five legendary living watercolorists who enriched the cultural life of Washington through their art, teaching, and leadership. The Vintage Watercolorists of Washington are: Nancy Axell, Jack Dorsey, John Ebner, Nancy Fulton, Cooper Hart, William “Bill” Hook, Thomas William Jones, Seiko Konya, Sandy Langford, Deanne Lemley, Molly Murrah, Carla O’Connor, Joan Pinney, H. “Rusty” Platz III, Genny Rees, Joan Reeves, John Ringen, Jerry Stitt, Tony Turpin and Eric Wiegardt.
Our vision was to preserve and share their stories through a video documentary and a coffee table book to inspire a new generation of watercolorists. The Vintage Watercolorists of Washington project culminates with the grand finale at the Floyd.
FINALE @ THE FLOYD, SATURDAY, MARCH 11
The Finale at the Floyd will be a one day event (March 11, 2023) at the historic Floyd building (27130 102nd Ave NW, Stanwood, WA). We expect a large crowd of over 1,000 people to enjoy the event. The Floyd Hall will be a visual feast including the following:
- A gallery showcasing a painting by each vintage artist
- Two lectures and a panel discussion exploring watercolor and the artistic calling
- Plenty of time to rub shoulders with the vintage artists, including book signings
- Watercolor demonstrations by the vintage artists
- A painting station for emerging watercolorists and kids
- Release of the Vintage Watercolorists of Washington coffee table book
- Premier of the Vintage Watercolorists of Washington documentary
- A “pop up” store to “get started” in watercolor with instructional books, watercolor supplies and more
There will be a lot to do for all ages at the Finale at the Floyd. You can view the stunning watercolors of the Vintage artists at the gallery, shop for art books and art supplies at our pop up store, listen to Vintage artists doing talks about their journey in watercolor, get your signed copy of the newly released Vintage Watercolorists of Washington coffee table book, try your hand at watercolor painting a map of Washington at our emerging artist station, enjoy the premier of the Vintage Watercolorists of Washington documentary. Here is Saturday’s program.
· 10:00am show opens
· 10:00-12:00 am Emerging artist/kid art station
· 10:30 Artist Talk #1
· 11:00 Artist Talk #2
· 11:30 Vintage Artist Panel Discussion
· 1:00-3:00 Vintage Artists Demonstrations & Book Signing
· 3:00-4:00 Meet the Artists reception
· 4:00 Premier of the Vintage Watercolorists of Washington documentary
Thanks for your Support
Sunnyshore Studio exists to share beauty through art, books and film. It just so happens that the Vintage Project has all three elements: the showcasing and selling of beautiful visual art, the release of the coffee table book, and the premier of the Vintage Watercolorists of Washington documentary. Our creative studio wouldn’t be able to do what we do without the support of our family and friends, collectors and patrons and supporters and sponsors. Thank you!
If you are interested in sponsoring the Vintage show at a corporate ($500) or family ($200) level, you can learn more about that here: