Fanny Y. Cory was born on October 17th, 1877. In October, 2017 Sunnyshore Studio will celebrate the 140th anniversary of this nationally recognized illustrator and the matriarch of our family of artists in the following ways:
- On Saturday, October 14th, from 10:00am – 9:00pm Sunnyshore Studio we will host a show of her art and illustrations.
- On Saturday, October 14th, we will release her biography Queen of Montana Beach: The story of Fanny Y. Cory written by Toni McCarty. Toni will be present at Sunnyshore Studio to sign copies of the readable and exciting book.
- On Saturday, October 14th, we will also release a film documenting her life and artistic legacy. This documentary will be shown every two hours at Sunnyshore Studio.
- The Day Brothers bluegrass band, featuring three great-grandsons of Fanny Y. Cory will be playing a mini concert throughout the day on Saturday, October 14th at Sunnyshore Studio.
- Then on Sunday, October 15th, at the Floyd Norgaard Cultural Center in Stanwood, we will be sharing some of Fanny’s art and illustrations, the documentary, and biography as well as a brief brief presentation by her grandchildren and author Toni McCarty.
Come back to this page for more blogs and updates on the 140th year celebration of Fanny Y. Cory.
Read more about author Toni McCarty and her biography of Fanny Y. Cory, Queen of Montana Beach, here: